With COGS, you can specify your information model in plain text. This section describes the text and CSV files that define your model.
A COGS model consists of the following core components.
- Item Types
- Item types are the identified entities in your model. They consist of definitions and properties.
- Composite Types
- Composite types are complex types used as data types, but they are not identified.
- Settings define project-level information, including things like the title of your model, copyright information, and more.
- Topics allow you to describe subsets of your model, to make it easier for people to learn about your model.
- Articles allow you to include extra content in the documentation that is generated for your model.
- Primitive Types
- COGS provides a number of primitive types you can use to define properties on items in your model.